- Complete an application form, accurately responding to all questions and items.
- Be a minimum of 17 years of age to apply. Applicants selected from the Eligibility Pool must be at least 18 years of age to be indentured.
- Present a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Provide an official high school transcript or GED Score Report. Official documents can be mailed directly from the educational institution to the JATC (must be received in a sealed envelope) or sent via a secure on-line transcript service.
- Show evidence of successful completion of one full credit of basic high school algebra with a passing grade of C or higher; or one post high school algebra course (i.e. Continuing Education, College Course, Trade School Course, etc.); or provide evidence of having successfully completed the Online Tech Math Course through our national training center.
- Submit a resume or work history.
- Provide any post high school education transcripts or training documentation you would like included in your file (optional).
- Provide a copy of DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience if you are a veteran and wish to receive consideration for such training and/or experience.
Individuals who meet one of the following qualifications do not have to fulfill the requirements of items E and F listed above, and still must take the Aptitude Test listed, but do not have a minimum score requirement:
- Individuals who can provide indisputable documenting evidence to verify that they have worked a minimum of 4000 hours in the electrical construction trade, under a journeyman or master electricians.
- Individuals who can provide indisputable documenting evidence to verify that they have a minimum of two years of military training and experience in a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) applicable to the electrical construction trade (as determined by the JATC).
Prior to being indentured, all applicants given a conditional offer of employment as an apprentice are required to take and pass a physical and drug test.
Aptitude Tests and Interviews are held on a quarterly basis at the JATC.
To be eligible for a specific test date, an applicant must have completed all the required steps in the on-line application within their 30 day deadline and within the quarterly deadline to apply.
To be eligible for interviews, an applicant must pass the aptitude test with a score of 4 or higher.
If you complete an application between 10/01/21 – 12/31/21
If you complete an application between 3/1/21 – 3/31/21
If you complete an application between 4/1/21 – 6/30/21
If you complete an application between 7/1/21 – 9/30/21