- Complete an application form, accurately responding to all questions and items.
- Be a minimum of 17 years of age to apply. Applicants selected from the Eligibility Pool must be at least 18 years of age to be indentured.
- Present a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least a high school graduate or have a GED Certificate. If you have a GED Certificate, you must provide an official score report from the Department of Education. All transcripts and certificates must be in the original sealed envelopes.
- Provide an official high school transcript. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the educational institution to the JATC. Hand-carried material will only be accepted if it is an official transcript sealed in an envelope by the institution.
- Show evidence of successful completion of one full credit of basic high school algebra with a passing grade of C or higher; or one post high school algebra course (i.e. Continuing Education, College Course, Trade School Course, etc.); or provide evidence of having successfully completed the Online Tech Math Course through our national training center.
- Submit a resume or work history.
- Provide any post high school education transcripts or training documentation you would like included in your file (optional).
- Provide Submit a DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience if you are a veteran and wish to receive consideration for such training and/or experience.
Individuals who meet one of the following qualifications do not have to fulfill the requirements of items D and F listed above, and still must take the Aptitude Test listed, but do not have a minimum score requirement:
- Individuals who can provide indisputable documenting evidence to verify that they have worked a minimum of 2000 hours in the electrical construction trade, under a journeyman or master electricians.
- Individuals who can provide indisputable documenting evidence to verify that they have a minimum of two years of military training and experience in a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) applicable to the electrical construction trade (as determined by the JATC).
Prior to being indentured, all applicants given a conditional offer of employment as an apprentice are required to take and pass a physical and drug test.
Aptitude Tests & Interviews are held on a quarterly basis at the JATC. To be eligible for a specific test date, an applicant must turn in a completed Main Application Packet by the corresponding deadline. All other documents must be turned in before the 30-day deadline from the original application date.
Deadline to Apply