Applications are taken year-round from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), at the JATC in St. Michael.
Applications may be filled out in-person, or may be completed by mail. To receive an application by mail, please complete the Application Request Form on-line and submit it with your payment. You can also print out the request form from the website and mail, fax, or email it back to us with your payment.
Applicants have 30 days to complete their application file. See Check List of required and optional documents.
If an applicant’s main application packet is turned in before the 30-day deadline and within the current test deadline, they will be scheduled for the upcoming quarterly aptitude test.
- Applicants will be notified by mail of the date, time, and place to report for aptitude testing. It is mandatory to appear on time as scheduled.
- The major areas of the Aptitude Test are algebra basic functions and reading comprehension.
- Applicants must pass the test with an overall score of 4 or higher to be eligible for an interview.
- If you do not pass the Aptitude Test, your scores will be broken out in: above average, average, below average, low or below minimum standard type range, and you must wait 6 months to re-take the test.
- Sample Test: http://www.electricaltrainingalliance.org/SamplePage.
Within 2-4 weeks after testing, qualified applicants will be notified of time, date, and place of the oral interview.
The interview score will place the applicant in the JATC’s pool of eligible applicants.
Job placements are made as openings occur from the top of the eligibility list; this is reviewed monthly by the Committee. If selected you must pass a drug test, physical, and essential functions of the trade test.
Applications are good for a 2-year period from the interview date and will be maintained in our eligibility pool; if not selected within 2 years, you would need to re-apply if you are still interested in the Apprenticeship Program.